Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blanks Already Filled In

I was getting worried FavreWatch 2010 would never get here. I’ve been waiting around for months and months wondering what the Wrangler-wearing, Southern Miss baseball-watchin’ gunslinger has been up to down in Hicksville, Miss. Only because I needed a few good laughs.

The entire Favre fiasco is comical to me now. I used to be think it was too much but now each time I see "breaking news," like Brad Childress visiting him in Mississippi, I laugh. The Power of Favre - it's so sad, it's funny.

Thank goodness for coverage of Childress’ visit to Mississippi Monday. That gave me the laughs I was looking for.When asked why he was there, Chili responded in his over-sized Vikings fishing hat, “You can fill in the blanks.”

Okay, I will. The Brett Favre-Brad Childress Fill-in-the-blank game:

Brett Favre will play for the Minnesota Vikings in 2010.

He will miss training camp because he doesn’t want to attend. His excuse will be his ankle. He will need that time to mow his lawn and discuss his future with his daughter on their front porch.

Childress will sit around waiting because he has no other choice. He’ll continue to lose all credibility and respect. By October, Favre will be officially the head coach of the team.

Favre will continue to drop hints about playing and throw to high schoolers in front of a camera, while never giving anyone a straight answer.

And everyone will watch.

Thanks, Chili. Filling in the blanks myself was much more fun than listening to your gruff voice mumble clichés. Plus, what does Chili know about Favre playing that we don’t? Nothing.

End note: One blank we don’t need filled in: Favre's lid. He's got never-ending supply of dirty, greasy Nike golf hats. Each one dirtier and more worn than the last. Good to know.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't matter what Farve is going to do in 2010-2011. The Bears are going 14-2 and winning the Super Bowl. You heard it first.

    ReplyDelete