Friday, April 8, 2011

PGA needs Tiger back

New Daily Reporter column: PGA needs Tiger back. Published Thursday, April 7.

I'm not that interested in golf without Tiger Woods. I cheer for greatness. Tiger is the only golfer going now that I put in that category. Mickelson is good. He's great at times but he doesn't move the meter for me. I find it hard get into golf without Tiger.

I probably would be considered a "casual golf fan." As that, I can speak for other casual fans in saying Tiger is necessary on the leaderboard for any viewing or interest.

I've tried to be patient while he gets his head right after his personal life disaster. It's time to get it back on track though. During the Lakers/Warriors game Wednesday night Mark Jackson was discussing the Masters and Tiger's struggles since his drama. Comparisons to Jordan and Kobe were brought up. Jackson said, "I wouldn't put him in that category because Jordan and Kobe would have figured it out by now."

I would have to agree with Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment