Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fix Sunday Ticket Now

NFL Sunday Ticket is a wonderful thing but it's a rip off and a monopoly. Way too much for one house. They need to make it cheaper and give it to all other providers. Why does DirectTV get to horde it? I'd like the anti-trust guys who looked into Microsoft to look into this. Let more people enjoy a reasonably priced product. Thirty bucks a month, that's half of what it is now. The whole season for $120 - done.

This has gotta be connected to the potential lockout some way. Too much money going one place. Figure this broadcasting problem out along with the black-out and lack of stadium participation. All this is tied up together with the rest of the billions of dollars that might shut this thing down next year.

Let me say this: I've put my head in the sand on this lockout thing. I don't buy it, don't want to hear about it, don't believe it. Only when it's actually shut down will I buy it. These owners and player representatives are smart, based on the positions they hold, they have to be. So how could they be dumb enough to shut down the most popular league in sports?

BUT THE POINT WAS.... you don't need Sunday Ticket some weeks. Not if you're in the Des Moines/Central Iowa region tomorrow. The four best games are on the locals.

No. 4: Giants at Colts - NBC Sunday night
I'm not into the Manning Bowl hype but would like to see where these teams are at. I'll take the Colts here.

No. 3: Bears at Cowboys - FOX 12:00
If the Cowboys start 0-2 people will be up in arms. The Bears will show their true colors here. I'm going with Bum's son, like everyone else.

No. 2: Dolphins at Vikings - CBS 12:00
Dolphins are an intriguing team. I like watching their personnel and Sparano on the sidelines, yelling. Home opener in Minnesota. The Favre and Chili Show is back in town! Take the Vikings.

No. 1: Patriots at Jets - CBS 3:15
Seems like everyone is taking the Pats here but I'm going Jets. I'm with the home team in a bitter division rivalry. I haven't been convinced the Pats are back to '07 form after one game against the Bengals, who played like dogs in the first half and gave away the game easy and early. Jets run it better, play tough D and squeak out a close one, 16-13.

The best game I don't get: Ravens at Bengals. Division game - means a lot to both teams. Cincinnati can't fall in that 0-2 hole. If so, they'll never get out. The other division game, only 3 this weekend, is Bucs at Panthers. Hard-hitting NFC South action. I'm going Ravens and Panthers in those two.

Other notables:
Texans at Redskins - which team is for real? Either? Redskins to win
Steelers at Titans - Pittsburgh is dinged up and Titans could be rolling this year. Titans win at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment