Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not Feeling Media Week

I'm not into the Super Bowl media extravaganza this year. Considering I want to be the media, it seems strange.

I don't need all the extra hype. Every Sunday during the NFL season is Super Bowl Sunday at my house.

Every outlet is operating from Miami, err, "South Florida." Neither team is saying anything. It's so over-the-top in the coverage that ESPN is reporting on Ochocinco trying to ask questions at Media Day. Ocho knows how to get his name out there, though. Kudos, @OGOchoCinco.

I'm not intrigued by the Saints, or how great it would be for the city of New Orleans. I like watching them play, but don't care if they win a Super Bowl. Would prefer if they didn't, actually. The story of league doormat to Super Bowl contender, led by a great QB who's an even better guy has been done....last year with Warner and the Cardinals.

If the Saints do pull an upset, the people in New Orleans will turn the city into disaster zone once again. They're life will be complete, so why not burn the city to the ground?

I don't get into the commercials anymore, but hopefully there are a couple decent ones. If one happens to crack me up, great. The best ones that come to mind are the Bud-Weis-Er frogs, the "Wassup" guys and, the all-time greatest, "Cat Herders."

I'm ready for the game. I'm only interested in the Colts handling their biz. The only interesting storyline is if the Colts don't win - making this week even more unnecessary. Hurry up and get here, 5:25 CST Sunday.

Editor's note: JSJ is aware Dwight Freeney has a torn ligament in his ankle. This won't be the deciding factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment